Aligned to the FMC corporate strategy, FMC recently acquired Cheminova. Cheminova has a highly complementary product portfolio and geographic footprint, with a similar strategic approach to FMC in applying technology to deliver solutions to its customers.
As part of a review to best service the Australian customers a decision has been made regarding:
- FMC Australasia Head Office
- FMC Australasia Leadership Team
FMC Australasia Head Office
After a comprehensive review, an announcement has been made that the future Head Office location for FMC Australasia will be North Ryde, Sydney.
This decision was based on how best to service our customers. Being in North Ryde to:
- Deliver better unified service;
- Be more responsive to customer needs; and
- Build a more integrated service offering with our manufacturing plant in Wyong.
The exact office address is still being finalised, however it is anticipated to be in close proximity to the existing Sydney North Ryde office. This provides a larger space to enable FMC to service customer needs through growth, unified infrastructure and one team.
A separate communication advising of new address and contact details will be sent shortly.
Both offices will continue to remain until transition, which is expected to be around August 2015.
FMC Australasia Leadership Team
To support the development of FMC Australasia and ensure continued effective service to customers, the new leadership team for the business has been announced:
- Country Head – Peter Close will continue in the role as Country Head Australasia
- Head of Sales – Matthew Sargent the previous Cheminova Commercial Manager, will assume the role as Head of Sales
- Head of Marketing and D&R – Stuart Lumber will fill this newly created position. Stuart was previously the Asian D&R Manager for FMC, based in Bangkok. Stuart will commence in Australia mid July
- Supply Chain Lead – Keith Quiney will fill this newly created position with a large amount of experience outside of FMC and Cheminova. Keith was the former Supply Planning & Logistics Manager Australasia, Syngenta CP
- Head of Finance – Frank Jacobsen (previously Head of Finance Cheminova) takes up the role of Head of Finance
- Commercial Manager Specialty – Patrick Madden joins the group as Commercial Manager Specialty. Patrick has held various key commercial roles within the Syngenta organisation
- Head of Manufacturing – Stephen Poole (previously General Manager Manufacturing for Cheminova) takes up the role of Head of Manufacturing.
The group combines valuable commercial, strategic and operating experience, with a proven “results focused” track record.
A full organisational structure will be announced in the coming weeks.
The new FMC will lead to growth and potential new opportunities for customers. In the meantime, business stability, customer service and safe operations are among the highest priorities during this transition period.