FMC Crop Protection is now distributing Trojan® insecticide in Australia.
Trojan (150 g/L Gamma-Cyhalothrin) is the most potent pyrethroid insecticide available in the world, controlling a wide range of pests in cereal, canola and grain legume crops.
The merger of FMC and Cheminova places FMC in a position to re-commence distribution of the product in Australia, ending the distribution agreement with Dow AgroSciences.
FMC will be announcing a new price position for Trojan, providing agronomists with a cost competitive, high performance insecticide in key markets.
Trojan’s high performance is due to the powerful single stereo-isomer active ingredient and a unique microcapsule formulation that gives:
• Excellent compatibility and crop safety with no added crop burn.
• Extended residual control of insects (compared to alphacypermethrin), making it an ideal choice for aphid anti-feed and general insect control in cereals and canola.
• Comparatively safer handling with reduced risk of pyrethroid paresthesia (face burn), as the only ‘schedule 5’ pyrethroid.
• Ease of use due to the low dose rate.
• Short withholding periods (7-14 days) meaning it can be used close to harvest for late season budworm control in canola and grain legume crops.
For product information please contact your local FMC area business manager.